As Media Director and Editor for the CCEE from 2010 to 2012, I was privileged to play multiple roles and provide management services to the event. Attended to the needs of guests such as Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner, Billy Dee Williams, Stan Lee, Erin Gray, Adam West, Malcolm McDowell and the entire cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Over 100,000 attendees took part in the event over three years, becoming the fastest growing comic expo in North America. Some of my duties included:
- Media relations and junket scheduling/management. Organized and managed over 400 media requests, managed guest/celebrity services for over 250 talent. Worked extensively with a variety of agents, booking agencies.
- Team hiring, training and management and establishment of safety and handling standards of media guests by media. Assisted establishing photography and marketing standards.
- Fundraising initiatives including the signing of a space-age piano signed by Star Trek celebrities, which sold for $160,000.
- Organized signing of two Enterprise bridge console replicas for the Star Trek Museum in Vulcan by the entire cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Visit the museum in Vulcan to see the display.
- Editor and reporter for the official CCEE guide for three years.
- Organizing celebrity care and feeding, including organizing menus with CBC Radio food specialist and guest chef Julie Van Rosendaal to provide custom menus, which got rave reviews.
- Coordinated, negotiated and managed contract license requirements with CBS Studios Inc. (New York/Los Angeles/Toronto).
- Assisted CBS Studios in stage location for the filming a group interview with the cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Rest in peace Leonard. What an honour to know and work with you. LLAP.
What we did
Branding / Writing / Events / Website